Saturday, June 1, 2013

Day #1: My June, 2013 Challenge (June 1 - June 30)

June 1 - June 30 Challenge

Summary: 

This challenge is designed to C (see) what I can achieve with:
C: Control - I have the power to exercise control over what I put in my mouth
C: Commitment - I make the firm decision to start this journey by signing a contract between myself and the people who motivates me.
C: Consistent - I make time for ME and stick with my commitment to be a better ME.

Exercise Aspect:
The challenge involves exercising at least 6 days a week and during the month of June I am embarking on something that I think I could not have done in the past. For example, I am currently working on the "Couch to 5K" training and after completing that I will do my first 5K.
Food Aspect: 
I am performing a smoothie and raw food challenge, i.e. I will be drinking some form of smoothie, juicing (fruits and vegetables), and eating fruits and vegetables raw for 30 days. I first did  a smoothie challenge for 9 days and it was successful. I will be posting my recipes and photos as much as possible.

Day #1: June 1st, 2013

Today is June 1, 2013 and I am starting my June challenge which includes:

Logging my food and exercise in: 
http://www.loseit.com/

Exercise: 
Week 1 of 2nd day of "NHS Couch to 5K"
URLhttp://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/c25k/Pages/couch-to-5k.aspx
Insanity: Day 1 - Fit Test

Food: 
Breakfast: Strawberry, Spinach, Banana Smoothie
Ingredients: 
1 cup baby spinach
1 cup strawberry
1 banana
1 tsp lemon
1 tbsp almond butter
1 tbsp flaxseed
1 cup water

Snack #1: 1 medium green apple 
Snack #2: 1 cup cherries

Lunch:
1/2 Green apple
2 celery stalk
1 cup celery
2 cups spinach/lettuce
1/2 cup pineapple
1 tbsp coconut oil
dash cayenne pepper

Snack #3: 1 banana

Dinner: Green smoothie
2 cups spinach/lettuce
1/2 mango
1 stalk celery
1/2 cup kale
1 cup water

Note: I am not a fitness expert, I am just a person trying to live a healthier life by eating more fruits and vegetables and recording my experience.

I encourage everyone to check your allergies to specific food and consult with your physician before starting any exercise journey. 

No comments:

Post a Comment