Thursday, June 20, 2013

Day #20: NO INSANITY - For the Ladies

Day #  20 of my 30 day Smoothie & Raw Food Challenge


Word of the Day: "Listen to your body and your body will thank you later"

It's day #20 and I woke up feeling sick. It's that time of the month for me and I was feeling lethargic and my energy level was down. 

Possible Reasons: 
- Didn't take my Vitamins the night before 

True Reason:
Menstrual Migraine

I suffered from three type of migraines:
- Stress migraine
- Menstrual migraine
- Food related migraine

I was able to diagnosed myself with menstrual migraine because I had headache/migraine episode two days before the 1st day of my cycle and this is not the first time that I am experiencing these signs and symptoms during that particular time. 

Read:
Menstrual Migraine Trigger

Some of my benefits of doing this 30 day smoothie/raw food challenge: 
- Decrease episode in migraine attacks (when from 15-20 days a month to only 2 days so far)
- No tenderness in breast during the time of the month
- Decrease bloating
- Increase energy level
- Understand the importance of listening to my body

Some things I need to improve on: 
- Sleep more hours

Good news: 1 lb more weight lost 

Thank you taking the time out to read my blog! Come again !!

Exercise: 
Week 3
NO Insanity

Day 1 of Week 4:  "NHS Couch to 5K"
URLhttp://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/c25k/Pages/couch-to-5k.aspx 





Food: 
Breakfast: Raspberry, Banana Smoothie
1 cup raspberries
1 banana
1 tbsp almond butter
1 cup water

Snack #1:
5 oz cashew nuts

Lunch: Blueberry, Mango, Avocado Smoothie
1 cup blueberries
1 banana
1 cup mango
1/2 cup avocado
1 cup almond milk
1/2 cups water

Snack #2:
1 banana 

Dinner: 
Will post later


Snack #2:
Will post later


 Note: I am not a fitness expert; I am just a person trying to live a healthier life by eating more fruits and vegetables and recording my experience.

I encourage everyone to check your allergies to specific food and consult with your physician before starting any exercise journey. 

Copyright H.E.R (Healthy Educated Rejuvenated) Coaching Services

No comments:

Post a Comment