Monday, June 10, 2013

Day #10: Pure Cardio - Moving On

Day #  10 of my 30 day Smoothie & Raw Food Challenge


It's another Monday and I am 10 days into my journey. It has been fantastic so far (am NOT saying it has been easy).  I have not been having chronic migraines over the last 10 days. I have been suffering with migraines over the last 17 years or so on and off. The reason I said on or off, because I could recall when I was a vegetarian (some will say pescatarian - because I ate fish) for about 8 years I had no migraines and I never have to go to Dr, etc. I started eating meat again after graduating from college and I didn't had a job and could not survive on cooking two different sets of food for myself and my mom. I suffered some regrets for reverting from being a vegetarian, but then I came to accept it for what it was (bad idea). 

Fast forward to one year later, I joined Corporate America and I started working late and the "black car" service dropping me home and not eating on time or eating very late at night. I tried my best to go the gym whenever possible, but that was not enough to compensate for the weight that was being packed on from late night eating and not controlling my portion size.

I got compliments like "You look good with the weight" and  I become comfortable (miserable for telling myself that I was able to live with myself and not feel like I was not living my best life). The voice of others could be very powerful, especially whenever you think it's a compliment or worth listening to. 

My guidance to you is "HEALTH FIRST", if you are NOT healthy, GET HEALTHY!!! Please don't have others telling you what you should or should not do if you are putting your health first and seeking professional help. (The key point, please see help from people who truly care and willing to help you on your journey.)

Well for me, I am here and over the past five (5) years, I have gained about 50 lbs. 

Therefore, this journey that I am on is twofold, first, take back my health, and discover who I am as a person. The weight lost is a bonus, because once am eating right and keep moving, the weight will come off and stay off. 

Stay tune and you will continue to learn more about me and my journey and thank you once again for taking the time out to read and don't hesitate to comment below and ask questions. 

Food: 
Breakfast: Mango, Orange Smoothie
1 cup mango
1 orange
Ginger to taste
1 cup water

Snack #1: 4 oz peanuts

Lunch: Kale, Mango, Apple Smoothie
1/2 Green apple
1/2 cup mango
1 cup kale
1 tbsp almond butter
1.5 cups water

Snack #2Fruits
1 Green Apple with 2 tbsp organic crunchy peanut butter
1 Banana

Dinner: Random food (Challenging dinner)
1 chobani yogurt
4 oz peanuts
1 banana
1 cup water

Note: I am not a fitness expert; I am just a person trying to live a healthier life by eating more fruits and vegetables and recording my experience.

I encourage everyone to check your allergies to specific food and consult with your physician before starting any exercise journey. 

Copyright H.E.R (Healthy Educated Rejuvenated) Coaching Services

1 comment: